Email marketing is one of the most effective yet underutilized ways to promote a business. In order to maximize the success that your business can achieve, it is important for you to have a solid email marketing strategy. This article provides several useful tips that will help you create or improve your email marketing campaign.
- Always get permission! Unsolicited email is not welcome, and in certain cases, can get your ISP blocked. The last thing you want is to be branded a spammer. Put a subscribe form onto your site and collect email subscribers using a double opt-in method. This method means that people must confirm their subscription before you start emailing them. Using this newsletter plugin you can easily put an opt-in form to your WordPress site and collect subscribers to build your email list.
- Keep all the emails you send out about your readers rather than yourself. The information in your emails should always be geared towards how your business can help your readers rather than just talking about what you are offering.
- It is very common for people to view the Internet with cell phones instead of using a full sized computer. Since this is the case, you should make it so that the width of any email you send out is easily viewable by mobile phone. You should also make sure to do the same to your landing page.
- Take timing into consideration as to when your messages are sent. Schedule your messages for when readers are likely to be reading them. For consumers, this is probably evenings and weekends. For business clientele, weekday mornings are more ideal. Emails sent in off hours can get buried further down in inboxes than will likely get attention if someone is deleting a bunch of messages at once. Do not forget about time zone differences either.
- Make certain that it is easy for your recipients to opt out of receiving further emails. Not having a way to opt out can cost you customers since some of the people who wish to opt out might like your business and your products. They may simply wish not to receive emails from you anymore. The process that you put in place should include asking for feedback as to why they are opting out. The information you receive can help improve your campaign.
Email marketing is a great way to promote a business. In fact, it is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to market. For your business to truly achieve its maximum potential, it must utilize email marketing strategies. Follow the advice provided in this article, and begin implementing or improving your email marketing campaign.