No one wants their mailbox to be cluttered up with advertising, so it’s your job as an email marketer to send your reader something they actually want. Informative, interesting and even entertaining emails should be your goal, but how do you achieve that? Continue reading to find some excellent tips from experts in the field of email marketing:
- Don’t make sales pitches right away if you promised informational newsletters. You can use an informational newsletter to market a product, but only if you have the customers’ attention first. Provide them with quality, useful information, and then market the product as an extension of that information. You’ll see a much better conversion rate that way.
- Try customizing your messages for your email recipients using the mail merge feature in your bulk email software. Try including their name in the email so that it feels more warm and personal. This can help build better relationships with your customers, and they may be more inclined to read what you have to say in these personalized email messages.
- Avoid using the newsletter format for your business emails. Though they were welcomed in the earlier days of email marketing, they have since become somewhat passe. Email marketing campaigns have become the current wave of solid internet marketing. This allows you to target your niche audiences more precisely, and give the information directly to the people who want it most.
- Test your email template in all the popular email providers, like Google and Yahoo. Make certain that the content is easy to open and read in them before you send out your messages. This helps to ensure that recipients can access your content, even if they use a different provider than you.
- Tailor your emails and landing pages for mobile users as well as for those using desktops. Keep in mind that smartphones have tiny screens that may not be compatible with the way you have your emails formatted. Trim the width so that your emails can be read by users without them having to re-size them.
- Being persistent is an important part of email marketing. It can take a customer 20 or more views of a particular ad or message before they begin to really think about it. This is why repeat TV commercials are so effective! Keep in touch with your customers on a regular basis, but don’t spam them.
- Develop a consistent format and schedule for your marketing emails. By doing this, your customers will learn when and what to expect. Find a professional HTML email template that suits your business and used it every time. Alert your customers to the most relevant information at the beginning of the email.
Someday you too may be an expert in your field, but for now you need to learn as much as you can to hone your skills and provide you with new ideas. This article is a great stepping stone, but don’t stop here – practice what you’ve learned and continue reading and success will be within your reach!