How to Identify Who is Inactive
There is no definite rule that would qualify someone as inactive, but here are the steps you can follow to reveal passive subscribers in your list:
- Choose a period of time, the latest six months for example, that is enough for the subscribers to show interest in your email messages. When choosing the time frame, take into account the frequency of your emails. A minimum of 10 sent emails is probably OK.
- Pick up your email campaign report for the selected period of time and load it into an Excel sheet. Sort the list by the number of emails sent to the subscribers.
- Delete all the subscribers who opened less than a certain number of messages during this time frame. For example, if you sent 10 messages, delete everyone who opened less than 10 emails.
- Sort the list in descending order by email opens and clicks on the links within the emails.
- Delete everyone except those subscribers who didn’t open ANY email.
Those who remain in the list are inactive members who haven’t show interest to your messages yet. Now you can load them into a separate group in your email marketing system in order to send specific messages with a different frequency to your inactive members.
Table of contents | Page list for this chapter | Next page