AOL users tend to differ from other recipients on your list. Understanding their habits and preferences can help you optimize your newsletter for better delivery to AOL subscribers, or create a special copy of the original message that would find a broad response among this segment of your list.
The research shows that the majority of AOL users:
- access email primarily from home (90%);
- always or sometimes access email through AOL’s website (60%);
- use a dial-up modem (approximately 60%);
- prefer plain text messages over HTML emails;
- like when the message loads fast and pay less attention to the customized content.