A big part of running a successful business is learning how to get the word out about your products or services. To do that, you need a strong marketing campaign; one of the best ways to market your company is to use email marketing. Email marketing can be a smart way to reach your target market, and below are some great tips to have success.
- To start, encourage people to opt-in and give permission for you to send email marketing messages to them, offer an incentive, for example a discount or a coupon for one of your products or services, or a whitepaper or newsletter about your niche or market. In other words, give your prospect something in return for access to their inbox.
- Get bulk email software and start sending marketing emails to your subscribers. You must think about how to grab the readers’ attention. The first thing you can do is to create a nice looking email template that you will be using for your email newsletters. the template can be branded with your company’s logo for better recognition. If you are not good at HTML coding, here you can choose free HTML email templates for download and use.
- Know who you are writing for and why you are writing the email. Avoid writing to bypass filters; write from the heart and write for your prospective and current customers. Your earnestness and desire to help will shine through, and people will be more likely to keep reading your emails over time.
- Make sure the links from your email messages to your site are absolute URLs, not relative ones. Email messages and relative URLs don’t work well together. If your emails include relative URL links, your customers won’t make it to your site, and therefore won’t be able to read it or buy your products.
- Encourage and remind your subscribers to add your email address to their safe sender list. Your messages might come through the first few times, but their email client or spam filter might change its mind after a few more messages. Only by being a manual addition to their safe sender list can you be sure you will always get through.
- Make it easy to unsubscribe. Make sure the unsubscribe link is clearly visible in your email, allowing someone to stop getting email marketing from you. This way you are less likely to get reported for sending spam. Also, if someone has unsubscribed, don’t make the mistake of continuing to send them email: that is likely to cause them to complain.
- Collect and analyze statistics about your recipients’ activity upon your emails. Invest in email tracking software that allows you to track the effectiveness of every email, from what percentage of your emails are actually opened, what links are clicked to how many result in unsubscriptions.
Email marketing can be a boost to your business, or it can hurt your business. Use the tips laid out here to make sure that your email marketing plan does what you need it to do; apply them to your email marketing, build relationships with your customers, and raise your profits.