Everyone knows that in order to have a successful business, it’s important to employ good marketing strategies. While there are many ways to market your products, email marketing is a great way to utilize the internet and reach an unlimited target market. Read on to discover ways to use email marketing in your business.
- Let customers know how to add your email address to their “safe sender list”. Many people do not know how to prevent certain emails from being sent to their spam folder. Inform them of how to prevent this from happening and encourage them to add you to their address book.
- Tailor your emails and landing pages for mobile users as well as those using desktops. Keep in mind that smartphones have tiny screens that may not be compatible with the way you have your emails formatted. Trim the width so that your emails can be read by users without them having to re-size them.
- If you choose to use email messages as the primary form of communication with your customers (in contrast to opposed to phone, fax or snail mail) you must respond to all email inquiries well within 24 hours. One of the most appealing things about email marketing is its quick turnaround time. Don’t blow it by letting customers’ questions go unanswered.
- Before sending out any email messages, be sure to test all links within the body of the email. Most online users will not take the time to hunt down your site or your products; if the first link they click on is broken, you have more than likely lost your chance to make a sale.
- Keep your content current and variable; do not just repeatedly send out the same five messages repeatedly. If you want to keep people’s attention, there needs to be something fresh, or their attention will go elsewhere. If they wanted round the clock commercials, they would just stay at home watching home shopping channels. Even if some of them do that, give them something different when they check their inbox.
- Do not worry about anti-spam filtering when you compose your marketing emails. You do not need to avoid any particular phrases or use exotic spelling and punctuation in words like “free”. As long as you are not sending out unsolicited emails, you have already cleared the spam filter hurdle. Write for people instead of machines.
- Your emails must be personal. The more personal they are. The better people will respond to them. Do your best to communicate in a way that doesn’t scream “Advertising.” Speak in a friendly one-on-one style with an amicable tone. By using your emails in a respectful, familiar manner, you will be able to make use of the most personal advertising method, there is.
As you can see, email marketing can be an effective marketing method for any business when used properly. By utilizing the internet, you are reaching countless potential customers outside of your local area. Use the tips above to kick-start your email marketing campaign and begin turning a profit in your business.
Tags: email marketing